Discover Ribeauvillé in Alsace
Nestled at the foot of the Taennchel massif and in the heart of the Alsatian vineyards, less than an hour from Strasbourg or Mulhouse, and just minutes away from the top attractions of Alsace, Ribeauvillé is ideally situated on the Wine Route in central Alsace. A “climatic station” and “green vacation destination,” the Cité des Ménétriers will introduce you to its medieval charm through its rich historical and cultural heritage.
Immerse yourself in the heart of Alsace and its history in Ribeauvillé
Nestled in the heart of Alsace, on the prestigious Wine Route, Ribeauvillé unveils its timeless charms. This picturesque town, crowned by three castles dating back to the 14th century, bears witness to a rich historical heritage carefully preserved. As you explore its narrow streets, you discover a city deeply rooted in its past and traditions.
The Grand-Rue, a kilometer-long treasure, invites you to step back in time. With each step, you’ll feel the soul emanating from every shop. Here, artisans and merchants share a common passion for preserving and celebrating their heritage.
An essential part of your stroll is the majestic Tour des Bouchers, an Alsatian icon that gracefully dominates the heart of Ribeauvillé. Its imposing presence recalls the city’s rich past and offers a unique panorama of the city center.
Some tourist recommendations from l’Ami Fritz
From l’Ami Fritz’s Caveau, the treasures of Ribeauvillé and its surroundings are at your fingertips.
Discovering the heritage of Ribeauvillé :
– “Pfifferhüs”, or Fiddlers house (around 1680)
– Renaissance-style houses at 4 rue Salzmann and at 4 rue du Couvent
– The former Corn exchange (1437)
– Half-timber houses, rue des Juifs
– The Former hospital Chapel, now a museum (15th century)
– The Former hospital, next to the chapel (1542 and 1739) :
you will find the Caveau de l’Ami Fritz at this same location
– Renaissance-style houses at 9 and 12 place du Bouc, dating back to 1694
– Other Renaissance-style houses at 21 and 25, rue Klobb
– Renaissance fountain at the Place de l’Hôtel de Ville
– Fountain at the Place de la République (1576)
– Renaissance fountain at 81 Grand’Rue
– The Town Hall (1778)
– Porte des Bouchers gate and Tour des Bouchers tower (13th century) 200 meters from the Town Hall
– Porte des Pucelles gate
– The fortification round-towers
– Auberge des Trois-Rois inn (1540)
– Hôtellerie du Soleil hotels (16th century)
Visits and outings on foot or by bike :
– The Girsberg (13th century), Haut-Ribeaupierre and Saint-Ulrich castle ruins
– The gothic church of the former Augustinian convent
– Saint Grégoire church at the gothic nave
– The Dusenbach Chapels
– The neo-gothic-style Grand church of Dusenbach (1903)
– The old hospice museum
Top tourist attractions in the area :
Ribeauvillé is also your privileged gateway to the Alsace Wine Route, as well as the gems of the surrounding tourism. Let yourself be enchanted by the enchanting panoramas of Alsatian vineyards and taste the internationally renowned Alsace Wines. Explore charming neighboring towns, from Colmar to Kaysersberg, through Riquewihr and Eguisheim.
If adventure calls, discover the Château du Haut-Koenigsbourg, the Monkey Mountain, and the Eagle Sanctuary. Treat yourself to moments of joy with your family at the Stork Park in Hunawihr, or at the amusement parks Cigoland and Le Petit Prince…
Vibrant with life and events, Ribeauvillé awaits you !
Ribeauvillé never ceases to surprise you, offering a rich array of entertainment throughout the year thanks to its vibrant community life. Whether you’re passionate about lively village festivals, intimate music and theater festivals, or iconic celebrations, this charming town has something to delight every taste.
The calendar is generously diverse, ensuring that each visit is an opportunity to discover something new and exciting. And there’s something for every schedule: from friendly village celebrations to cultural events that awaken your senses.
But perhaps the highlight of this eventful experience is the legendary “Pfifferdaj,” the Festival of Minstrels. Every first weekend of September, the town transforms into a living spectacle with a spectacular procession of 1500 participants. This iconic celebration, steeped in history and authenticity, is the pinnacle of the year, where the spirit of the community blends with festive fervor.
Come and discover how Ribeauvillé brings its traditions and passion to life throughout the year. Each event is an opportunity to dive deeper into the warm atmosphere of this Alsatian town, where history and modernity come together to create an unforgettable experience.